You Deserve Your Dream Smile
If you’re unhappy with your smile, it can have a negative impact on your self-confidence. Broken, discolored, misshapen, or crooked teeth can draw attention away from the rest of your stunning smile. Cosmetic dentistry treatments can fix those minor imperfections, potentially improving your self-esteem and leading to bigger, brighter smiles.
Dr. Aimee Kraft, our resident dentist, and the rest of our Brooklyn Heights team believe that everyone deserves the smile of their dreams. We offer cosmetic dentistry treatments to our patients in Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn, New York City, and the surrounding areas. Read on to see if one of our simple cosmetic treatments might be right for you.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of your teeth. At times, cosmetic dentistry can also be used to tackle functional problems in your smile.
Depending on the treatment you choose, cosmetic dentistry can brighten the color of your smile, improve the shape of your teeth, or replace missing teeth. Cosmetic dental treatments can also reshape your gums to enhance the size and shape of your teeth or realign your teeth with orthodontic appliances.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
When you’re ready to improve your smile, call our Brooklyn Heights office at (718) 625-6629 and schedule a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Aimee Kraft. She will listen to your concerns, examine your smile, and help you decide which cosmetic dentistry procedure is right for you. Our most common procedures are:
- Professional teeth whitening, which can brighten your smile by up to five shades in a single office visit. We feature GLO Professional Whitening at our office, and our patients have been extremely happy with their results.
- Invisalign, a faster way to straighten your smile than traditional braces. Invisalign clear aligners are orthodontic appliances that work to straighten your teeth over time, eliminating the need for traditional metal braces. The benefits of Invisalign are numerous, and the process tends to be both fast and easy.
- Porcelain veneers, which are thin, tooth-colored shells that can conceal minor cosmetic imperfections such as cracked, stained, and crooked teeth. With proper care, your porcelain veneers can last between 10 and 15 years.
- Smile makeovers, which combine several cosmetic dentistry treatments to get you the results you’re looking for quickly.
Candidates for Cosmetic Dentistry
Are you wondering if you’re a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry? Ideal candidates for cosmetic dentistry tend to be people who have cracked, worn down, broken, or discolored teeth they are unhappy with, or people with one or more missing teeth. However, it is always recommended that people who seek cosmetic dentistry have good overall oral health.
Your candidacy will depend on a number of factors, including which cosmetic procedure you’re interested in. But if you’re behind on your regular dental check-ups and cleanings, you will want to schedule one right away. A clean, healthy mouth is ideal for receiving any cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Cosmetic Dentistry with Dr. Aimee Kraft
Dr. Aimee Kraft is a leading board-certified dentist with over a decade of experience helping patients achieve their dream smiles. She and the rest of our team would love to help you love your smile. If you’re considering cosmetic dentistry in Brooklyn Heights or anywhere in the New York City area, call us at (718) 625-6629 or request an appointment here. We look forward to meeting you and being part of your smile transformation!
Cosmetic Dentistry Q & A
What is the purpose of cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry exists to deal with issues that affect the appearance of your smile. The purpose of treatment is to improve your smile, your confidence, and to make the best first impression with everyone you meet.
What cosmetic dentistry services are offered?
Dr. Kraft specializes in a range of cosmetic dentistry services, including:
- Cosmetic fillings: Matching colors so fillings don’t show
- Crowns: Protect and improve the appearance of damaged teeth
- Teeth whitening: Brightening a dull or discolored teeth
- Veneers: Covering stains, damaged, or oddly shaped teeth
- Bridges: Replace missing teeth
- Invisalign: Correct alignment, gaps in your smile
How much does cosmetic dentistry cost?
Cosmetic dentistry services vary in price considerably. The total cost of your cosmetic dentistry treatment program depends on which services you choose, how many services you choose, and other factors. Before you begin treatment, Dr. Kraft will provide you with a customized quote based on your current condition and treatment goals. Certain cosmetic dentistry treatments may be partially covered by your dental insurance if they also resolve a dental health issue.
Is cosmetic dentistry painful?
Dr. Kraft does her best to keep patients out of pain throughout all cosmetic dentistry procedures. If there’s any chance that you’ll experience pain during the procedure, she will use a local anesthetic to keep you comfortable. If you experience pain during any procedure, bring the issue to Dr. Kraft’s attention immediately.
How do you determine the services necessary?
If you come to Dr. Kraft with cosmetic concerns, she will begin by performing a comprehensive examination. She will also ask you questions about your concerns and goals to help her develop your treatment plans.
Depending on your needs she may include a combination of services in your customized treatment plan. In most cases, you will need multiple appointments with Dr. Kraft to complete your entire treatment plan.