You Deserve a Bright White Smile
When you’re not confident in your smile, you may find yourself feeling self-conscious when out in public. You may even avoid smiling entirely, which can negatively affect your mental health. Luckily, Dr. Aimee Kraft provides professional teeth whitening services here at our Brooklyn, NY office. We can help you whiten your teeth by up to five shades with this simple process.
Teeth can easily grow darker or discolored over time for a lot of different reasons. The good news is, it doesn’t have to be permanent. Read on to see how you can benefit from professional teeth whitening.
Why Adults Need Professional Teeth Whitening
No matter how diligent you are about your oral health, your teeth become stained and discolored naturally over time. Exposure to certain foods and beverages, certain medications, and even the normal aging process can result in discolored teeth that can impact your confidence.
In fact, a cross-sectional study of 235 people showed that the majority of adults are not happy with the color of their teeth. Professional teeth whitening has an extremely high rate of patient satisfaction, so most adults can benefit from this easy cosmetic dentistry procedure and be happy with the results.
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
Teeth can become discolored naturally over time as our bodies age. However, certain factors can further contribute to tooth staining, such as:
- Certain foods and drinks (coffee, red wine, soda, tea, vegetables, and berries)
- Tobacco use
- Poor dental hygiene
- Certain medications
- Disease or medical conditions
If you’re unhappy with the shade of your teeth for whatever reason, our Brooklyn Heights, NY team can help achieve the smile of your dreams with professional teeth whitening.
GLO Teeth Whitening
Dr. Aimee Kraft offers several effective options for professional teeth whitening for your convenience. We feature GLO professional whitening, a teeth whitening system that provides several different whitening options. Our team will help you determine which method is right for you.
- GLO Dual Whitening: The GLO professional dual whitening system takes approximately one hour with little to no sensitivity. The whitening mouthpiece fits directly over your teeth, with the system delivering warming heat from an LED light to amplify the whitening gel. After the in-office appointment, you’ll return home with your own whitening gel. From there, you’ll continue whitening your teeth at home as instructed for your best results.
- GLO Vials: The GLO Vials system is an easy way to whiten teeth while you’re on the go. All you have to do is simply brush the GLO gel on and go. There’s no need for messy or inconvenient strips or trays, and there’s no sensitivity with this method.
- GLO Professional Take-Home Whitening: The GLO Professional Take-Home Whitening system is the second component of GLO dual whitening, but you can also use it on its own for great whitening results. Patients can use this professional strength whitening gel every day to gradually (but noticeably) whiten teeth.
Try Professional Teeth Whitening With Dr. Aimee Kraft
Interested in learning more about our professional teeth whitening services? Our team would love to meet you! Simply call our Brooklyn Heights office at (718) 625-6629 or request an appointment here, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to giving you a renewed set of pearly whites!
Teeth Whitening Q & A
Why do your teeth become yellor, dark, or discolored?
Teeth darkening and discoloration can happen for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons for teeth discoloration are:
- Natural darkening that can come with age
- Yellowing due to cigarette smoking
- Darkening due to coffee, tea, or soda consumption
- Certain medications
- Red wine
What is GLO professional whitening?
GLO professional whitening is a teeth whitening system that has several different whitening options. Dr. Aimee Kraft, DDS in Brooklyn Heights, New York will help you determine which option is best for you.
GLO Dual Whitening: The GLO professional dual whitening system takes approximately one hour, with little to no sensitivity. The GLO professional whitening mouthpiece fits directly over your teeth, where the system delivers warming heat from an LED light to amplify the whitening gel on the teeth. After the in-office appointment, you’ll return home with your own whitening gel. You’ll continue teeth whitening at home each day to get the maximum results.
GLO Vials: The GLO Vials system is an easy way to whiten teeth while you’re on the go. Simply brush the GLO gel on and go. There’s no need for messy or inconvenient strips or trays, and there’s no sensitivity.
GLO Professional Take Home Whitening: The GLO Professional Take Home Whitening system is the second component of GLO dual whitening, but you can use it on its own for great whitening results. Patients can use this professional strength whitening gel every day to gradually, but dramatically, lighten and whiten teeth.
How long does teeth whitening last?
Teeth whitening can last up to one year for many patients, but results can vary. An effective way to maintain your teeth whitening results is to schedule regular annual or bi-annual follow-ups with Dr. Kraft. Schedule an appointment today using the online booking tool.
How white can your teeth get?
The GLO professional whitening system can produce an impressive change. It all depends on how white you want to go! The average change with the dual whitening system is five shades within five days. Patients can continue to use the at-home GLO system each day for up to 7-10 more days to achieve maximum whitening at home as well.
Want to achieve a healthy, whiter smile safely and quickly? Dr. Kraft can help with your teeth whitening needs. Book an appointment using the convenient online scheduling tool today!